Georgian farmers can receive small grants to develop the infrastructure of their farms


Georgian farmers can receive small grants to develop the infrastructure of their farms

04/30/2020

Grant financing covers such infrastructure initiatives in the field of agriculture as the arrangement of production and storage facilities, greenhouses, etc.

Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations – FAO and the Ministry of Environment and Agriculture of Georgia, With the financial support of the Austrian Development Agency – ADC, they offer small grant investments to farmers and cooperatives of the villages of Ateni and Plevi (Shida Kartli region) and Tvishi and Sori (Racha-Lechkhumi) to develop the infrastructure of their farms.

Grant financing covers such infrastructure initiatives in the field of agriculture as the arrangement of production and storage facilities, greenhouses, etc. The maximum grant size is $ 10 thousand (in lari equivalent). At the same time, the share of the grant should be 75% of the total cost of the project, the remaining 25% should be covered by the beneficiary himself in the form of a monetary or labor contribution.

According to the Ministry of Environment and Agriculture, the acceptance of applications for participation in the grant competition will begin on April 30 and last until May 20. Interested parties should contact the regional services of Shida Kartli and Racha-Lechkhumi – Kvemo Svaneti of the Agency for Rural and Agricultural Development of the Ministry of Agriculture.

Read also: Georgian hazelnut producers lack financial resources for spring work

The grant competition is being held as part of one of the areas of the “Village and Agriculture Development Project” implemented by the FAO in Shida Kartli and Racha-Lechkhumi with funding from the Austrian government. The aim of the project is to help increase the competitiveness of the agricultural sector, increase food production and reduce rural poverty. In addition to the grant component, the project also provides for the formation of local initiative groups in the indicated regions, arrangement of demonstration plots, retraining of farmers’ information and consulting centers and familiarization of local farmers with the practices of environmentally friendly agriculture, which implies the formation of sustainable ecosystems and reduction of environmental damage to a minimum.

Eastfruit

Key news and analysis of the fruit and vegetable market on Facebook and Telegram East-Fruit.com

Subscribe!

Using the materials of the site is free if there is a direct, open to search engines, hyperlink to a specific publication of the analytical platform East-fruit.com.






->

.