Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkey develop cooperation in customs and logistics spheres


Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey signed a protocol on the establishment of a trilateral committee on customs issues.

Safar Mehdiyev, chairman of the State Customs Committee of Azerbaijan, wrote about this on Twitter, GeorgiaOnline reports.

He noted that the signing of the protocol will contribute to the further development of cooperation between the three countries in the field of customs.

Read also: Georgia still has a lot to do in the agricultural sector to be effective, and it needs to move quickly

The day before, a trilateral protocol on the development of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project was signed between Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.

The parties also expressed their readiness to strengthen cooperation in the fight against smuggling and other offenses at checkpoints. In addition, an agreement was reached on the establishment of a joint focal point.

Also at the meeting, issues of digitalization of document circulation in the field of international cargo transportation, development of the corridors Turkey – Nakhchivan – Azerbaijan – Georgia and Baku – Tbilisi – Kars were discussed.

EastFruit previously reported record high potato exports from Georgia at the end of September 2021 as neighboring countries try to fill the potato supply gap.

A total of 6.2 thousand tons of potatoes were exported from Georgia in September 2021. 83% of these potatoes went to Russia and Azerbaijan. Ukraine, Moldova, Armenia and Slovenia account for the remaining 17% of Georgia’s potato exports. The share of Russia in the total export volume was 45%.